Dr. Achintya Deb graduated from the University of Calcutta with a Bachelors in Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery, BAMS in 1990. He completed his internship at J.B. Roy State Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital (West Bengal) - the oldest Ayurvedic college/hospital in India. After competitive selection by the Public Service Commission, Dr. Deb joined the Directorate of Health Service (Tripura) as a Medical Officer in 1995.
In 2002, he was awarded a 3-year scholarship by the Government of Tripura for postgraduate studies. Dr. Deb received his Post Graduate Medical Degree, MD with a specialization in Panchakarma from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (Karnataka) in 2006. Upon program completion, he returned to the government service to work at the Panchakarma Clinic & Research Centre supported by the National Medicinal Plants Board of Tripura. The Institute has been upgraded to Panchakarma Research & Training Centre, Tripura. Under his dynamic leadership, this has been internationally famous to obtain Panchakarma treatment, handful Ayurveda Panchakarma Training along with Research activities.
The center's mission is to facilitate Eco-Tourism activity via programs offering Ayurvedic treatments to tourists. Dr. Deb has extensive experience in:
· Diagnosing with Tridosha and Nadi Pariksha (A special Ayurvedic Pulse reading), counseling, and rectifying lifestyle habits responsible for somatic and psychosomatic ailments.
· Applying Panchakarma principles to detoxify and rejuvenate the body and Mind.
· Treating Bone, Joint, and Nerve disorders
· Complicated Skin Ailments.
· Lifestyle diseases, stress management, and sex-related problems
· Providing Panchakarma beauty treatments for skin, facial, and hair health.
Publications & Seminars
· Dr. Deb (Author & Presenter), State level conference, "Critical Analysis of Tridosha", SDM College of Ayurveda. (Month 2003)
· Dr. Deb (Author & Presenter), National Seminar, "Role of Panchakarma in the Management of Joint Disorders", Hassan. (Month 2004)
· Dr. Deb (Presenter), National Seminar, "Clinical Analysis of Panchakarma in the Treatment of Madhumeha", Government Ayurvedic College, Mysore. (Month 2005)
· Dr. Deb (Author & Presenter), State level conference, "Panchakarma Treatment – For Healthy Individuals", Tripura Government Ayurvedic Doctor’s Association. (Month 2006)
· Interaction with Ayurveda Doctors in the USA during his visit to New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington. (August 2017)
· Dr. Deb (Presenter), State Seminar, "Sadyo Vamana", S V Ayurveda College, AP. (Month 2017)
· Dr. Deb (Author), Publication in Doctor’s Association Journal, "Panchakarma – A Popular Therapy of Ayurveda". (Month 2006)
· Dr. Deb (Author), Publication in Aranyak, "Panchakarma – an eco-tourism approach of Forest Department"- Annual publication of the Forest Department. (Month 2010)
· Dr. Deb (Author), Publication of Articles, "Ayurveda and Panchakarma", various News Papers, Online Portals.
· Dr. Deb (Author), participated in the International conference on Ayurveda and Panchakarma at Belgum, India on 23rd-24th Dec 2017 was honoured as Chairperson of Scientific discussion and also presented a paper on Sadyo Vamana.